Today’s Veterinary Business Staff
Covetrus, the new company arising from the merger of Henry Schein Animal Health and Vets First Choice, now has a tentative board of directors.
The previously announced board chairman is David E. Shaw, co-founder and chairman of Vets First Choice.
Expected to be appointed to the board of directors are:
- Benjamin Shaw, president and CEO of Covetrus and co-Founder and CEO of Vets First Choice.
- Betsy Atkins, CEO of the venture capital firm Baja LLC.
- Deborah G. Ellinger, senior adviser for The Boston Consulting Group and former CEO or president of four private-equity backed firms.
- Sandra L. Helton, former executive vice president and CFO of Telephone and Data Systems Inc.
- Mark J. Manoff, former partner and Americas vice chairman of the accounting firm Ernst & Young.
- Edward M. McNamara, president and co-founder of the venture-building company TeamLaunch LLC.
- Steven Paladino, executive vice president, CFO and board member of Henry Schein Inc.
- Ravi Sachdev, partner at Clayton Dubilier & Rice.
- Benjamin Wolin, former CEO and co-founder of Everyday Health and adviser for 3L Capital LLC.
Philip A. Laskawy, a former partner, chairman and CEO of Ernst & Young, will serve as lead independent director of Covetrus.
“Our intention has been to create a board that reflects the expansive and transformative nature of the Covetrus opportunity, and we believe that this slate of nominees achieves that in terms of caliber, diversity, independence and other qualities,” David Shaw said. “This group has a strong mix of relevant experience, global domain knowledge and extensive capabilities across key board functions that will help Covetrus scale its technology-enabled services platform across the globe and deliver upon its mission of advancing the world of veterinary medicine.”
Vets First Choice brings prescription management and software services to the new company while Henry Schein’s focus is on animal health products and services.
The merger is scheduled to close the week of Feb. 4.