Today’s Veterinary Business Staff
A Lancaster, Pennsylvania, veterinary hospital hailed for its positive workplace culture has been named the 2020 AAHA-Accredited Practice of the Year.
Manheim Pike Veterinary Hospital was honored during Connexity by AAHA, the American Animal Hospital Association’s annual conference. The event took place online because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We were very impressed by the dedication to positive workplace culture at Manheim Pike Veterinary Hospital,” said Janice Trumpeter, DVM, AAHA’s deputy CEO. “At AAHA, we strongly believe in continuous improvement and development of healthy practice environments in order to better serve patients and clients.”
Among the award finalists were:
- Madison Veterinary Specialists in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Idaho Veterinary Hospital in Nampa, Idaho.
- Loyal Companions Animal Hospital in St. Charles, Illinois.
- Tender Care Veterinary Center in Falcon, Colorado.
Hospitals nominated for the Practice of the Year award are evaluated on their most recent accreditation score, mission and vision, practice team composition, continuing education and training, and community service, according to AAHA.
About 15% of veterinary clinics in the United States and Canada have earned AAHA accreditation based on their adherence to hundreds of standards.
In other news, AAHA updated its board of directors. They are:
- President Pamela Nichols, DVM, CCRP, the owner of two AAHA-accredited practices in Salt Lake City.
- President-elect Adam Hechko, DVM, the owner and medical director at North Royalton Animal Hospital in suburban Cleveland.
- Vice President Margot Vahrenwald, DVM, the owner of Park Hill Veterinary Medical Center in Denver.
- Director Scott Driever, DVM, the owner of Animal Hospital Highway 6 in Sugarland, Texas.
Did you know a subscription to Today’s Veterinary Business is free to qualified veterinary professionals? All you have to do is sign up here (and renew each year). You also can sign up to receive the Today’s Veterinary Business weekly e-newsletter.