Today’s Veterinary Business Staff
A suburban Philadelphia veterinary hospital has opened neurology and dermatology departments and added 14 exam rooms as part of an 18,000-square-foot expansion.
Mount Laurel Animal Hospital, located in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, is a 24-hour emergency, specialty and general practice employing 35 veterinarians on a total staff of 140. The hospital, founded in 1975, more than tripled in size from 7,000 square feet.
“This expansion allows us to help even more animals and play an even bigger role in South Jersey,” said hospital co-owner Robert Mankowski, VMD.
The makeover includes the addition of a neurology department headed by Philip Cohen, VMD, and a dermatology department led by Fiona Lee, VMD, MBA, DACVD.
Among other highlights:
- A rehabilitation and pain management department that includes an underwater treadmill, electrical stimulation treatments and low-level laser therapy.
- Four additional surgical suites, for a total of six.
- A dedicated intensive care unit.
- CT and MRI technology.
- An expanded lobby featuring a 385-gallon freshwater aquarium.
- A renovated turtle pond.
- An auditorium designed for community events.
- More parking and an elevator to the second floor.
“The addition of new services and technologies allows us to provide our clients with cutting-edge treatment for their pets, both cats and dogs as well as exotics, fish and birds,” said co-owner Christopher Torre, VMD.