Today’s Veterinary Business Staff
A manufacturer of fresh, whole dog food has hired a ninth staff veterinarian as the company expands distribution to stores and veterinary practices nationwide.
The company, JustFoodForDogs, reported that its newest employee, Dan Su, DVM, MS, will work as a nutritionist in the custom formulations department. Dr. Su, a graduate of Western University of Health Sciences, completed an internship in clinical nutrition at the University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine and a residency in clinical nutrition at the University of Tennessee.
Also working for the Irvine, California, company are:
- Chief medical officer Oscar Chavez, BVetMed, MRCVS, MBA.
- Regional medical director Kendra Bettis Scheibe, DVM.
- Veterinary outreach trainer Jessica Wilson, DVM.
- Nutritionist Lisa Weeth, DVM, DACVN.
- Formulators Sierra Adams Friedman, DVM; Shazia Jolissaint, DVM; Nina Pusateri, MLAS, DVM; and Elizabeth Tancredi, DVM.
JustFoodForDogs also employs two outside consultants: John Tegzes, VMD, DABVT, and Laura Wilson, DVM, DACVD.
The company, founded in 2010, sells its diets at more than 1,000 retail stores and veterinary clinics and at 10 open-to-the-public kitchens. By year’s end, about 165 stores are expected to employ company-trained nutrition consultants.