Today’s Veterinary Business Staff
WVC’s former education manager and chief veterinary officer has received the Distinguished Service Award in recognition of his longtime work with the organization.
Don Waldron, DVM, DACVS, was honored at WVC’s 91st annual conference for what was called “his unselfish dedication to veterinary education and the advancement of veterinary knowledge, and for his significant contribution to WVC over the years.”
Before joining WVC, Dr. Waldron was director of specialty services at VCA Veterinary Care Animal Hospital and Referral Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The Las Vegas conference also saw five postgraduate students receive the Dr. W. Bruce Wren Food Animal Incentive Award. They were:
- Dr. William Jumper of Mississippi State University.
- Dr. Lauren Waltzer of Michigan State University.
- Dr. Morgan Adkins of the University of Georgia.
- Dr. Adam Copeland of Iowa State University.
- Dr. Robin Stevens of Western College of Veterinary Medicine.
Dr. Jack Walther Leadership Awards recognizing school involvement and overall leadership potential went to 37 third-year veterinary students and two veterinary nursing students.
The 2020 conference will take place Feb. 16 to 19 at Mandalay Bay Convention Center.