Veterinary pharmacy webinar set for Dec. 12
Auburn’s Dr. Sue Hudson Duran will address federal laws and other subjects.
A one-hour webinar hosted by Auburn University Professor Sue Hudson Duran will examine federal pharmacy laws as they pertain to veterinary medicine.
“2017 Veterinary Pharmacy Law: New Regulatory Update” will be held Tuesday, Dec. 12 from 1 to 2 p.m. EST. Registration for the fee-based webinar is available at http://bit.ly/2ylp6mW.
Among the subjects to be covered are:
- Laws, regulations, and litigation with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.
- How to document recordkeeping of controlled drugs.
- References needed for pharmacists to practice in a pharmacy dispensing veterinary medications.
- Handling extralabel prescriptions.
- Species differences in drugs.
The webinar is recommended for veterinarians, pharmacists, veterinary and pharmacy technicians, and veterinary compounding sales representatives.
Dr. Duran, RPH, MS, Ph.D., DICVP, is a professor and safety officer at the Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine. She has served on the FDA advisory committee for veterinary medicine.