Southern Veterinary Partners enjoys growth spurt
The company acquired 22 hospitals in 2017, raising the total owned to 39.
Founded 39 months ago, Southern Veterinary Partners closed 2017 with exactly 39 hospitals under its control following a few late additions.
The Birmingham, Alabama, company on Dec. 28 reported the purchase of five hospitals:
- Helena Veterinary Clinic in Helena, Alabama.
- Your Family Veterinarian in Orlando, Florida.
- Bonnie Brae Veterinary Hospital in Columbus, North Carolina.
- Block House Creek Animal Hospital in Cedar Park, Texas.
- Betty Baugh’s Animal Clinic in Richmond, Virginia.
“I am proud to say that in 2017, 22 hospitals joined Southern Veterinary Partners,” said CEO Jay Price, DVM, who founded the company in October 2014.
“These latest five hospitals … will now benefit from our mentorship opportunities, enhanced benefits and training for team members, back-office support and transition strategies for the owners,” he said.
Acquired hospitals keep their names and culture while Southern Veterinary Partners takes over management aspects such as marketing, human resources, financing and purchasing. The company’s footprint extends across 10 Southern states.