Today’s Veterinary Business Staff
Southern Veterinary Partners has expanded its network of small animal practices with the purchase of two hospitals in South Carolina and three in Texas.
The five additions give Southern Veterinary Partners a total of 26 hospitals in nine states. The existing practices retain their names and veterinary staff while the Birmingham, Alabama, parent company takes responsibility for marketing, human resources, inventory and other back-office needs.
Having established a footprint in South Carolina and Texas, Southern Veterinary Partners may be ready to acquire hospitals in more states.
“We look forward to expanding into others soon,” said CEO Jay Price, DVM.
The company’s other hospitals are in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and Tennessee.
The newest members are:
- Heartland Animal Hospital in Boiling Springs, South Carolina, and Drs. Eric McCurry, Ashley McKamey and Katherine Welling.
- Aiken Animal Hospital in Aiken, South Carolina, and Drs. Cindy Brown, Mary Tricia White and Victoria McMillen.
- Deerfield Animal Hospital in San Antonio and Drs. Peter Hey, Maria Hey, Jennifer Halberg, Anne Faseler and Stacey Kronewetter.
- Denton Veterinary Center in Denton, Texas, and Drs. Randy Wuensche, Joshua Quast and Katrina Lindsey.
- Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic in Kerrville, Texas, and Drs. Craig Janssen, Jay Rydberg and Dan Rosenauer.
Southern Veterinary Partners announced the acquisitions Aug. 15 but did not report the purchase prices.
Besides Dr. Price, the company’s veterinary team includes regional medical directors Jeff Falone, DVM, and Chase Whitworth, DVM. Dr. Whitworth also serves as director of recruiting.