The client financing service Scratchpay has been named the $25,000 winner of Pet Project 2018, a “Shark Tank”-like competition held at VMX in Orlando, Florida. Scratchpay, a product of Los Angeles-based Scratch Financial, offers simple payment plans for pet owners seeking immediate access to veterinary care. The competition brought together five young companies that pitched their veterinary offerings to a panel of judges. The other presenters and their products were:
Scratchpay takes top prize at Pet Project 2018
Five companies tried to win over a panel of judges at VMX.
- VetSpire: Cloud-based veterinary medical records and practice management application.
- Petnostics: At-home tests to identify early warning signs.
- Fuzzy: Comprehensive in-home veterinary care.
- Future Pet: Text messages to clients to begin the intake process and patient history collection.
- Marty Becker, DVM.
- Tom Bohn, CAE, the CEO of the North American Veterinary Community, the host of VMX 2018.
- Jeannine Taaffe, vice president of digital health at Mars Petcare.
- Brock Weatherup, executive vice president of strategic and digital experience at Petco.