Today’s Veterinary Business Staff
Scottsdale, Arizona, practice owner Thomas Newland, DVM, has been named Petplan’s 2018 Veterinarian of the Year.
The award was presented Feb. 2 in Orlando, Florida, during the pet health insurance company’s seventh annual Veterinary Excellence Awards dinner.
Dr. Newland is a 1986 graduate of the Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine and the owner and medical director at Adobe Animal Hospital.
He was among five individuals and one practice honored at the dinner.
The other winners were:
- Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital in Fort Collins, Colorado (Practice of the Year).
- Amanda Inman, CVPM, of Pet Care Clinic of Kokomo in Kokomo, Indiana (Practice Manager of the Year).
- Jamie Rauscher, RVT, of Animal Hospital of Towne Lake in Woodstock, Georgia (Veterinary Technician of the Year).
- Rebecca May of Town ’N’ Country Animal Hospital in Burlington, North Carolina (Receptionist of the Year).
- Danny Shelton, an animal health advocate and professional football player with the Cleveland Browns (Pet Parent of the Year).
The Veterinary Excellence Awards “celebrate the important work of America’s veterinary professionals who go above and beyond providing pets with exceptional care and clients with outstanding customer service,” Petplan reported.
Each winner received $1,000 along with a $2,000 donation to their chosen animal charity.