Today’s Veterinary Business Staff
Seven veterinarians have been selected to serve on Petco’s new advisory board, the Petco Pet Wellness Council.
The pet-specialty retailer reported that the group will advise Petco executives on pet health matters and “guide the development and aggregation of credible pet care science to help educate pet care professionals and, ultimately, all who care for pets.”
“We’re bringing together some of the industry’s top experts and thought leaders to provide new, science-based perspectives to inform our understanding and approach to challenges and opportunities across our business and the pet care world,” said Petco CEO Ron Coughlin, MBA.
The veterinarian board members are:
- Sean Delaney, DVM, MS, DACVN, the founder of Davis Veterinary Medical Consulting in Davis, California.
- Thomas Edling, DVM, MSpVM, MPH, a veterinary consultant and former vice president of veterinary medicine at Petco.
- Nicole Leibman, DVM, MS, DACVIM, the chief of oncology at the Animal Medical Center in New York.
- Whitney Miller, DVM, MBA, DACVPM, the director of veterinary medicine at Petco.
- Tammy Sadek, DVM, DAVBP, the founder of two feline specialty hospitals and president of Cat Hyperthyroid Radioactive Iodine Services.
- Jonathan Stockman, DVM, DACVN, the head of the Clinical Nutrition Service at Colorado State University’s James L. Voss Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
- Lori Teller, DVM, DABVP, CVJ, a clinical associate professor of telehealth at the Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences.
The council’s eighth member is Alexandra Horowitz, MS, Ph.D., who heads the Dog Cognition Lab at Barnard College.
The Petco Pet Wellness Council was scheduled to meet for the first time July 29 and 30 in San Diego.