Today’s Veterinary Business Staff
The Veterinary Innovation Council and the North American Veterinary Community, publisher of Today’s Veterinary Business, have announced the winners of the first-ever Veterinary Innovation Awards.
Sponsored by Zomedica, the awards showcase innovators and organizations that have dedicated themselves to the betterment of the animal health industry.
The individual winners were:
- Veterinarian: Kerri Marshall, DVM, MBA
- Veterinary technician/nurse: Lindsay Peltier, LVT
- Practice manager: Cassie Sizemore, MS
- Student: Kaitlin McDaniel of the University of Missouri
- Other: Jill Taylor
The organizational winners were:
- Hospitals and practices: Lap of Love
- Corporations/industry: VETgirl
- Non-profit associations: Pet Peace of Mind
- Academic institutions: Tufts at Tech Community Veterinary Clinic
- Other: American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
The awards were bestowed at the VMX 2018 conference in Orlando, Florida.
Nominations for the second-annual awards are being accepted until May 1, 2018, at www.vicawards.com.
The Veterinary Innovation Council is an NAVC-led industry-wide group.