Brakke report examines hospitals’ internet sales
The chance of an independent practice doing business online is 50-50.
Brakke Consulting has released an in-depth report exploring online sales at small animal veterinary practices.
The Veterinary Practice Home Delivery Report, available for $8,900, finds a lot of room for growth in the online business arena. Data compiled from more than 1,100 respondents showed that:
- Half of independently owned practices operate an online store or pharmacy.
- Online sales represent roughly 1 percent of the average independently owned practice’s annual revenues.
Dallas-based Brakke noted that the report, broken down by region and clinic size, also looks at:
- Practice and respondent demographics.
- How veterinarians address clients’ preference for online or phone ordering.
- Client use of a clinic’s online store.
- Trends in writing prescriptions for online pharmacies.
- Performance ratings for three leading home-delivery providers: VetSource, Vet’s First Choice and My VetStore Online.
More information is available at firstname.lastname@example.org.